Closed: Beyond Survival – Making an Impact
In seminar 4 we focus on:
- What is impact and why must cultural organisations think about it. In fact culture is much more valuable in many ways than cultural people themselves think
- Impact investment opportunities
Michel Scholte, Impact Institute (The Netherlands) – Executive Director and Co-founder of True Price, since 2012. He is also Director and Co-founder at Impact Institute since 2018. The two social enterprises employ ~35 FTE. He is a frequently asked key-note speaker and is author of many True Price reports. He has extensive experience with applying True Pricing in business. In addition, he is a member of think tank Worldconnectors and alumnus of the World Economic Forum Global Shapers Network. Michel holds various advisory board positions in the field of impact measurement and valuation. Amongst others he is steering board member of the Netherlands Food Partnership and founding board member the Impact Economy Foundation. He holds an MSc in Sociology from the VU University Amsterdam, where he specialized in social research, agent-based modelling and living wages.
Tim Joss, Aesop (United Kingdom) – Chief Executive & Founder Aesop. Aesop’s vision is ‘A future when arts solutions for society’s problems are valued and available for all who need them’. Its work includes Dance to Health, the national falls prevention dance programme, university-accredited arts-and-health training, national showcases for health decision-makers, an action learning set for leading arts-and-health programmes and the Active Ingredients Project (for improved communication of the power of the arts to other sectors such as education and health). Tim’s past activities include Artistic Director & Chief Executive of the Bath International Music Festival, and a founder of the first social investment fund for the arts. He was appointed a Chevalier de l’Ordre des Arts et des Lettres by the French Government in 2005.
David Dixon, efesai
18 November, 14:00
- Closed: Seminar The Essence and Effects of Ethical Communication and Fundraising
- Closed: Beyond Survival – Local Government, the key link of the cultural chain
- Closed: Beyond Survival – Engage or Die
- Closed: Beyond Survival – Evolution, New Organisms
- Closed: Beyond Survival – Let’s Get Real
- Closed: Beyond Survival – Adaptation, Back to the DNA?